Best Test Automation Tools and Techniques Gaining Popularity in 2022
Advanced technologies and tools are being used to test software. The strategic value of software testing has scaled up to an all-new level simply because the software that is being developed is sophisticated in most of the scenarios. It becomes obvious to thoroughly test the software when it is being developed at different levels of the software development life cycle. To ease the testing process and make the testing process even more effective and rewarding, automation tools and techniques need to be implemented tactfully.
In this article, you will get to know what are the best test automation tools and techniques that are gaining popularity.
Following are the best performing test automation tools:
1. Katalon Studio: Test scripts can be created with codeless execution through this test automation tool. Those users who are not having enough programming skills can also use this tool. The capabilities of Katalon studio can be upgraded with plugins and can work with Java and Groovy. Katalon Studio is considered to be a comprehensive and robust automation tool for mobile, desktop, web and API testing.
3. TestComplete: Through this automation testing tool, users whose skills are not at par or those who have low skill levels can create and execute automated UI tests easily across web, desktop and mobile applications. Through this user-friendly, scriptless test automation tool, testing cycles can be scaled and make sure that the application is working as intended and the quality of the software is improved.
4. Kobiton: It is a cloud-based test automation tool used for testing mobile applications. Users can build and execute automated performance, functional, visual and manual tests against iOS and Android devices. Automation activity can be carried out by users using both the AI-assisted script generation and Kobiton AI-driven scriptless solution.
5. Tricentis Tosca: This test automation tool supports end-to-end testing. It provides model-based test automation through which reusable modules can be created. Data classes can be reused while working with huge volumes of data. Template-based tests are also provided by Tricentis Tosca through which maximum scenarios are covered with minimal effort.
Following are the best test automation techniques:
1. The test cases that need to be automated should be strategically planned: It is important to ascertain those specific test cases that need to be automated. Those test cases that are being run frequently and require huge amounts of data should be considered for automation testing.
2. Automation testing work should be segmented based on expertise: Different tests can be created by two or more QA engineers having specific skillsets. It can also be done by an individual provided the engineer has the right expertise and experience to do it solely. For example, automated test scripts can be written by someone who has in-depth practical knowledge of scripting languages. There may be QA engineers who may be good at writing test cases. The team needs to plan strategically about the test automation activities and work accordingly.
3. The relevance of data quality: Data-driven testing requires data that is good enough and useful for carrying out the testing activities. The data that is entered into input fields while the automation testing is going on should be stored in an external file. This data can be read from data sources such as database tables, Excel sheets, XML files, text etc., or from a database.
Conclusion: If you are looking forward to implementing automation testing with specific tools, then do get connected with a leading software testing services company that will provide you a viable testing roadmap along with strategic advice on specific tools that are aligned with your project specific requirements.
About the author: I am a technical content writer focused on writing technology specific articles. I strive to provide well-researched information on the leading market savvy technologies.