Scriptless Test Automation Framework: Tools And Examples
Scriptless test automation will prove to be a game-changer not only in constructively changing the paradigm of test automation, but also in making the testing process codeless. This will especially help developers to save a great amount of time in developing many lines of code as and when required. Organizations understand the strategic importance of scriptless test automation and thus are ready to adopt it. In this article, you will get to know about the scriptless test automation tools along with a relevant example.
What is Scriptless test automation?
It is a system in which all the test cases, libraries, codes and frameworks are directly included in the backend. The test scripts are continuously built in the backend and specific automation testing tools need to be run in order to test the software and websites. This will, in turn, save time, provide better ROI and offer accurate results.
Following are the five key scriptless test automation tools:
1. Kobiton: It is a scriptless test automation tool that carries out mobile test automation activities quickly. This tool has specific functionalities through which scriptless automation can be created and executed on any device. Manual testing can be performed on one device and the AI testing framework of Kobiton can automatically execute the same test across various devices.
2. AVO Assure: Over 90% automation coverage is provided by this technology-agnostic solution without the need to write even a single line of code. Both business and technical users can test across multiple platforms like mainframes, ERP applications, desktop, mobile, web etc. Teams are empowered through these capabilities and thus can test more in less time and thereby deliver high-quality software.
3. Ranorex: A complete set of scriptless test automation tools for mobile application, website and desktop testing are provided by Ranorex. Through the ‘Ranorex recorder’ option, every interaction with the application can be captured. Activities such as adding validation actions, pause and resume recording can be done right in the capture window.
Another key feature is ‘Ranorex spy.’ UI elements can be identified with a single click and then can be dragged and dropped into the test case. Dynamic web elements are automatically handled by ranorex studio. It can be easily integrated with defect tracking tools like Bugzilla and Jira and CI/CD tools such as TestRail, Bamboo and Jenkins.
4. TestComplete: It is a scriptless GUI test automation tool that can test every mobile, desktop and web application. Test deliver quality of the application can be created with incredible efficiency and scale. Functional UI tests can be created and run using record and playback without the need to write a single line of code. It identifies complex objects and superior object recognition using AI and Machine Learning. Enterprise applications such as Oracle EBS, Salesforce and SAP can also be tested. Modular test scripts can be easily built and executed.
5. AccelQ: It is an AI driven test automation platform that can seamlessly automate web and API testing without the need for writing even a single line of code. AccelQ is used by many IT teams in order to accelerate their testing by automating crucial aspects of the lifecycle like test generation, design, planning and execution.
Scriptless test automation example:
Test execution example:
2. Enter user in the Username field
3. Enter password in the Password field
4. Click on the Login button
The above mentioned are the keywords that are supported by Scriptless frameworks
The values need to be passed by the tester as shown below:
Enterpassword dummypwd, mask=true
The keywords are the ones that are marked in Italics through which arguments are accepted to perform actions.
Note: 2 arguments are accepted by “Enterpassword” command. The masking of characters is indicated by the second one which is a flag as it is typed in the password field.
Conclusion: If you are looking forward to implementing a Scriptless test automation framework for your specific software development project, then do get connected with a premium software testing services company that will provide you with the right and pragmatic testing strategy in line with your project specific requirements.
About the author: I am a technical content writer focused on writing technology specific articles. I strive to provide well-researched information on the leading market savvy technologies.