Mobile testing plays a crucial role in testing mobile applications in order to make sure that all the application functions properly and the user experience perform seamlessly. To scale up the performance of mobile application testing, there are automation tools available that can further improve the efficiency of mobile application testing and also ensure that the testing process is carried out quickly.
In this article, you will get to know the top 10 automation testing tools for mobile applications.
Following are the top 10 automation testing tools for mobile applications:
2. Ranorex studio: It is a Windows GUI test automation tool that provides testing for mobile, web and desktop apps. It has an interface that can record UI actions through automated UI testing. It provides a platform for codeless test creation and has a user-friendly UI. It provides excellent customer support.
3. UI Automator: It is well-suited for cross-app functional UI testing. In order to perform interactions on system apps and user apps, a set of APIs are provided. Black-box style automated test scripts are written by this tool, where the app code is not required by the test code. It is simple and easy to learn and use the tool.
4. Robotium: It is an open-source test automation framework exclusively used for Android applications. Robust automation test scripts can be easily written with this tool. System, functional and user acceptance test cases can be written by automation testers using this tool. Pre-installed apps can be automated.
5. Calabash: This tool is used for both iOS and Android apps. Automated acceptance tests can be easily written and executed for mobile applications using this tool. It can interact with mobile apps. Most of the actions on screens are supported such as pinch, swipe, rotate, tap etc. It provides cross-platform development support.
6. UFT Mobile: Extended support is provided by this tool for mobile app testing. Mobile automation test scripts can be created with UFT mobile support. It provides a user-friendly interface and also supports record and playback abilities. It supports both Android and iOS apps.
7. SeeTest: It is one of the leading test automation tools that supports Android, iOS and blackberry applications. It provides client libraries for Python, Perl, C# and Java in order to develop automation scripts. Record and playback creation can be done with this tool. It has built-in integrations with source control systems.
8. Perfecto: It is one of the most popular mobile testing tools for mobile and web applications. A quality-first approach is provided to create native and web applications by using a cloud-based test environment. Continuous testing is also made possible with this tool with features like parallel test executions, codeless automation and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
9. Kobiton: It is a cloud-based mobile testing platform that supports the execution of both automation and manual mobile and web testing. Automated tests can be run using Appium (for native and mobile web applications). It provides key features such as real device testing in addition to using your local lab or private cloud.
10. TestProject: It is a free cloud-based automation tool for running end-to-end web, API and mobile tests. Tests can be run quickly by developers and testers thereby eliminating setup and maintenance hassles. It can also integrate with other testing tools such as Selenium and Appium.
Conclusion: If you are looking forward to implementing mobile application testing for your specific project, then do get connected with a comprehensive testing strategy that is in line with your project specific requirements.
About the author: I am a technical content writer focused on writing technology specific articles. I strive to provide well-researched information on the leading market savvy technologies.