Why Has It Become Crucial For The Web Application To Undergo Regression Testing?
Today companies want quality software that is high performing and responsive. To check the quality and robustness of the software, rigorous testing is required. One such rigorous testing type is regression testing which helps in identifying that any code change in the software does not affect the existing code or functionality of the software.
Businesses want to make sure that there are no faults or defects in their system. To check and rectify these unknown bugs, regression testing is used.
What is regression testing?
Regression Testing is a black box type of software testing that is done to check that a code change in the software does not affect the existing code and the functionality of the product. This is done to make sure that the product is bug-free and works fine, without any errors or defects.
It is done by re-running functional and non- functional tests test to check that the previously developed and checked software functions well even after the change is made. This test looks for new bugs or defects which might have introduced due to the software change. Software regression testing should be performed as the programmer adds new functionality to an application. This is because of the dependency between the newly added and previous functionality that is critical for the software to function according to the expected requirements.
Why has it become crucial for the web application to undergo regression testing?
Regression testing can do wonders and can help to achieve a high-quality product. If done properly regression testing can make your product free from all possible errors and ensures that your customer gets a flawless and seamless experience.
Below mentioned are some of the important reasons why regression testing is crucial for the web application:
- The web application contains both static and dynamic pages. And it is essential to run regression testing on both to ensure the quality of the website. Structural quality, content, timeliness, accuracy, response, performance, security, usability, etc. are very important for a quality website. All these concerns can be addressed by running regression testing.
- With the sudden surge in e-commerce websites and other online applications coming up there is a lot of dynamic content and dynamic request. For this application server has to do processing in the database to create an appropriate response. This calls for the need for regression testing.
- Web Applications are more prone to rapid changes and every time a new feature is added regression testing helps in verifying that code change in the software does not affect the existing code and the functionality of the product.
- Regression tests are run at every stage of SDLC and thus it ensures the quality of the product is maintained. It makes the product free from all errors and defects by detecting all possible bugs that might have unknowingly occurred during the development of a product
- When the software code base is vast and many test cases need to be executed for regression testing, automated regression testing saves valuable time, effort, and money that would otherwise be expended on manual testing. It helps in saving time and efforts by automating and reusing the test cases.
- In a few hours, Automated Regression Testing reports any errors easily, which would otherwise take days if manually checked.
- Automated Regression Tests make sure no small features are missed thus ensuring the quality of the product.
Conclusion: Thus, Regression Testing helps in improving the quality by ensuring every time a change is made your product remains free from all possible defects. Regression Tests can be automated which reduces human efforts and saves time and cost. Regression Tests can be done at any stage of the Software Development Life Cycle, and can also be run parallel during SDLC, which enables the QA teams to deliver a high-quality product to their customers.
Leverage our Regression testing services to ensure quality products. Get in touch with our Experts today to gain more insights.
About the author: I am a technical content writer and I write articles on various IT related topics. In this article, I have tried to share my views on why regression testing is crucial for web applications.